University of Texas Arlington
Corporate Event Planning
Start Your Career
Becoming a Certified Corporate Event Planner requires business organization, logistics, networking, and client relationship management skills.
This course will provide a detailed guideline on how to design and plan the event, set budgets, execute successfully, review performances, and charge for services. Includes updated Covid-19 restrictions and guidelines and Hybrid/Virtual Event Planning, Production, & Design.
You will Learn:
- How to jumpstart your 2021 with Virtual/Hybrid Events
- How to identify opportunities and connect with vendors and gain sponsors
- What questions to ask when selecting the right technology vendors
- What software and platforms you need to know to host successful virtual events
- How to make sure your virtual events are secure from hackers and data loss
- How to market yourself as a professional hybrid event specialist
After taking this live hybrid program you will learn:
- How to “bump-up your game,” to produce jaw-dropping virtual event experiences using best practices, systems, and technology
- Ways to reinvent your event planning services, skills, and knowledge to stay competitive
- How to incorporate a variety of platforms with engaging experiences to meet the needs, goals, and objectives of your stakeholders
- How to wow your sponsors and vendors with cutting edge technology and lead generation opportunities before, during, and after your virtual/hybrid events
- How to design a seamless, interactive, and fun experience, including how to foster real-time dialogue and networking among your attendees.
- How to strategize and maintain stakeholder satisfaction, ROI, and attendee networking and engagement.
- How to sell virtual-hybrid events to venues and conduct live site visits virtually with prospective clients.
- How to incorporate live event spaces, including ballrooms and breakouts, into a virtual tour or interactive networking for a hybrid event experience.
The CEP course is known as S-M-A-R-T because it covers:
- Special Events: galas, fundraisers, public relations, product promotions
- Meetings: professional, corporate, business networking
- Assemblies: conferences, conventions
- Recognition: incentives, awards, achievements
- Training: seminars, workshops, education
- Online course material
- eTextbook & Curriculum
- Access to Student Center
- Exam fee
Students have up to six months to complete the course at their own pace.
This program teaches the fundamentals of planning, orchestrating and delivering social events as well as owning and operating a successfully corporate event planning business.