- This event has passed.
2 Day Accelerated CWEP Certification Seminar - Santa Monica, CA
Sunday & Monday
April 22nd & 23rd
9am to 5pm
Accelerated Wedding and Event Planner Certification
The CWEP Certification program prepares you for a career in the event industry with hands-on training and on the job experience to jumpstart your professional career right away.
Through our industry integration focused internship program, you work with real clients and real vendors while learning the ropes and growing your fund of knowledge as you build your portfolio.
- Anyone ready to launch a career in weddings & events
- Students looking for real world, hands-on event experience
- Existing planners looking to take their career to the next level
- Students who do not live in the vicinity of our partnered schools
- Those who reside outside of the USA
Two-day course includes:
- Pre-work – Jump right in to join the planning committee to start planning a real event!
- Day 1 – CWEP Certification Fast Track Seminar
- Day 2 – Seminar Project Presentations and Q&A with David Tutera
Upon successful completion of the Certified Wedding and Event Planner program, you will:
- Have a portfolio of work along with reference letters, business contacts, and social media images of you on the job at this event.
- Contract templates, pricing information, packages, and presentation tools
- Understand the process for setting up a legal wedding planning business and be knowledgeable about business structure: licenses, insurances, and major local, state, and federal laws and regulations that affect businesses, as well as the procedural requirements necessary for compliance
- Be proficient in prospecting and negotiating contracts with wedding and special event clients
- Be familiar with various wedding traditions and cultures and how to incorporate a client’s ethnic or cultural background into the celebration.
- Know the difference between traditional and non-traditional etiquette
- Understand how to use marketing, publishing, and public relations to promote and increase your business
- Understand how to develop service packages that give you a competitive edge in your local market
You will be proficient in the following:
- Planning a budget, selecting a vendor, and designing an event
- Reading and understanding existing vendor contracts, and creating new ones
- Understanding the eight stages of the event planning process
- Working with a client to plan, design, and deliver a dream wedding/event
- Developing your preferred local industry vendor network
- Implementing an event timeline and run of show schedule
- Preparing the proper table setting and establishing etiquette techniques
- Choosing design elements, fabrics, and styles
2 Day CWEP Seminar
Full Payment $1997