Learn all about Fundraising Events!
The primary purpose of a fundraising event is to raise money for a cause, charity, or non-profit organization. In this course you will learn how to successfully plan and produce a charity or fundraising event. This course also includes an internship at a fundraising charity gala. See internship event schedule for opportunities to add to your portfolio of work.
Producing a charity event does not mean your time and services are free. In this course you will learn how to approach organizations looking to raise funds and successfully hit their fundraising goals while meeting their overhead obligations associated with hiring vendors to produce a successful event.
Speak with us to get all your questions answered.
- Access to the Online Student Center
- Exam Fee
- Internship opportunities
As a graduate of this course, you will receive your professional certificate in Fundraising Events.
Students must have general understanding of the following:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and/or Google Docs
- Need access to a computer/laptop or tablet and internet access
- Course compatible with Google Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer & Safari
- Tablet owners need to download Puffin Web Browser App
We offer a 4-month payment plan for the course during registration. Payment plans can be customized to be paid off sooner.
In this course you will learn:
- How to identify organization’s purpose, goals, and fundraising opportunities
- What types of groups you can target for fundraising and charity events
- Where and when to fundraise based on the time of year, location, and goals of the organization
- How to set a budget, get sponsorships, and recruit volunteers
- How to implement fundraising techniques before, during, and after the event
- How to help the organization’s board implement peer fundraising to create a donor list
- Understand fundraising etiquette, contracts, licenses, permits, and assessments
- How to launch a fundraising campaign
- How to conduct evaluations, reporting, feedback, and follow-ups to influence continued support
Pay In Full.
Tuition is paid off in 4 months.